Winter comfort foods

I love the comfort foods of winter - Osso Bucco, lamb shanks, homemade baked beans...

We have been indulging in all of these wonderful slow cooked foods over the last month, and on Sunday Myles took this photo of my version of Spanish Eggs - gluten free of course, and rather delicious if I do say so myself.
I never make it the same twice, but here is what I did this week

Spanish Eggs

Per person you will need:

1 free range egg
handful of baby spinach
chopped spring onion
1 cup of baked beans (home made or tinned)
50 grams chopped jamon or bacon

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except the egg in a bowl. Place mixture into ramekin and make a slight hollow into the centre. Crack the egg into hollow and season with salt and pepper.
Bake for approx 25 minutes .

other additives which I also enjoy:

crumbled goats cheese or feta
finely chopped fresh tomatoes
chopped basil or parsley
chopped spring onion

Comments

Popular Posts