wonderful berries

I am heavy with that wonderful tiredness you get after a big day, but oh what a day!
Val accompanied me to Silvan Berry Estate to purchase more raspberries. Again Pam was happy to answer all our questions, and we chatted about berries in general for going on an hour!
This time I purchased 20 kg of Heritage raspberries and 5 kgs of Chester blackberries.

Last year at this time, I purchased Wilamot raspberries. This year for some reason, this variety is fruiting late and are not expected in till April. I already have my order in for 20kgs!

My freezer is only so big, so much of my tiredness comes from cooking up the 5 kgs of blackberries - that's 25 jars ready for sale (by the weekend when I have had a chance to label)

If you are after jam recipes, please see the right side bar which can take you to the right page.

Comments

Popular Posts