A glorious day!

Last week I had the greatest delight to share my love of cooking with 2 very special people, Sue and her very grown up son, George.
George is my best sauce customer, and he had asked me before Christmas if I could teach him how to make his own. So armed with equipment (although I forgot a funnel), I had a wonderful day with George and Sue making sauce (but not hot please Miss Rie!).
The best delight was with George when I gave him his very own chef's hat, and then once the sauce was cooked, provided him with a real chef apron and kids sized oven mit, as he had now "graduated" to being a real cook!
Instilling the love of good food in kids is so important and Jon and Sue have done a great job with George - he was a pleasure to cook with.
Here is a link to Sue's blog about the same event, with photos!
http://www.eaves.org/christmasblog/2011/02/good-food-good-friends.html

Comments

Popular Posts