Some days you can't stop at one!

Today was one of those days - I needed something sweet and I needed it fast!!

For those that know me, I rarely seek sweet - generally give me dip, olives and pate any day over cakes or slices, but today was no ordinary day. A quick look in the biscuit tin saw the last of the chocolate chip cookies I had made last week. and one was just not going to be enough.


A quick flick through my gluten free cookbooks and the result was some delicious Anzac biscuits (or at least an attempt seeing as the main ingredient "oats" needs to be replaced :) For me they are over sweet, I will definitely only use 3/4 of the sugar next time.

Tips
  • always leave Gluten free biscuits to cool for 10 minutes on the tray before moving to the wire rack

  • don't scimp on moist ingredients - gluten free flour is drier than "regular"

Anzac Biscuit recipe (modified from Wheat and Gluten Free by Jody Vassallo) - no relation :)

2 cups GF cornflakes (I used organic with Blueberries); 1 tbsp golden syrup

3/4 cup dessicated coconut; 3/4 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups GF plain flour; 125 g butter

1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda; 2 tbsp boiling water

  1. preheat oven to 150 Celsius and line 2 baking trays with baking paper

  2. combine cornflakes, coconut, sugar and flour in a bowl

  3. melt the butter and golden syrup on low heat.

  4. stir the bicarbonate of soda into the boiling water until completely dissolved, and add to the butter

  5. combine the butter mixture with the dry ingredients

  6. roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the trays (leave room for the biscuits to spread). Gently flatten slightly with a fork.

  7. bake for 20 minutes until golden

  8. enjoy with a coffee

Comments

Unknown said…
i will try thes anzacs. the recipe sounds great. mum

Popular Posts