One of life's hiccups ...

You may have noticed that I have been a bit quiet posting to my blog for a month or so. The cause has been one of life's little hiccups...

On April 8th, I was a little distracted - a thousand things to do that day and only 24 hours to complete them! After finalising my paperwork in the morning, I set off around 11 am for the first stop on my list - a visit to Campbells cash and carry to buy 20 kgs of chopped onions for my CWA Bar-B-Que fundraiser on the Saturday morning at Bunnings. Unfortunately I was also thinking about everything else I needed to do,"when I finish here I need to pick up the drycleaning, go to the bank...", " was I at the right intersection yet" , "God I need a coffee - why didn't I have one before I left home"...
I unfortunately, should have been paying more attention to driving. I did not see the red light, and had one of those "slow motion" moments as the Landcruiser came towards me!

The good news is no-one was seriously hurt.

I now have a new car, and my physio is happy that I start cooking again. Lucky really as I have 9 pumpkins in the patch, an order for Beetroot relish that I need to make up and hopefully some berries to collect from Silvan Berry Estate.

but I have learned my lesson - take time to slow down and remember the "no" word. Family, friends and health are the most important things in life.

Comments

Popular Posts