One step closer to "becoming Maggie Beer"

As I said earlier in my last post, you never know  how life will twist and turn and what is around the corner.

For my birthday, Myles gave me two cooking classes at the CAE. One on tapas, and the other on Jam making. I bit odd you may think, but the presenters were Cunliffe and Waters, two fabulous ladies who make the best burnt fig and quince jam. He thought I might learn some tips regarding marketing, business etc from someone in my own field. (I was secretly impressed that he knew who they were). Unfortunately, the ladies decided not to continue demonstrating at the CAE and the date and presenter were changed.

I contacted the CAE expressing disappointment at the change in presenter - as the new presenter is a renowned pastry cook, and although I may learn some preserving tips, I certainly wasn't going to get what I wanted from the session. An email discussion followed, culminating in my meeting the team at CAE yesterday.

There is still the paperwork to finalise, but I hope to soon be a regular presenter at the CAE. (a paid gig!!) We have tentatively booked a date in April for me to start.

You will now see a diary in the right-hand column of this blog detailing my next demonstration dates. As I present for a number of organisations, you will need to follow the link in the date to check bookings, costs etc with the individual organisations.

PortArlington Mussel Festival 2013 - baked mussels
CWA of Victoria State Fair 2013 - Blackberry Jam
I'm pretty excited!

Comments

Popular Posts