5 dishes in 2 hours - no problems!

I conducted my first "paid gig" as a demonstrator last weekend at the CAE. What a hoot! I have to admit being pretty nervous.
The hard part was finding 5 preserve recipes "in season" that can be achieved in 2 hours!. The time frame cuts out most chutneys, sauces, relishes etc that take 2-3 hours to cook

Ready and waiting!

a "non reactive" pot












After an initial  getting to know each other, I followed up with a discussion about the equipment needed - pots, jars, strainers etc. I had planned this to be about 15 minutes, but of course it took twice that, even with only 4 in the class. I will need to be tighter on this next time, however it is a very important part, which  the cookbooks gloss over with terms such as "non reactive pot"



Then it was onto the demonstration. In the 1.5 hrs left we made (and yes I meant we - although technically it was supposed to be a non interactive class!) berry jam, 3 fruit marmalade, beetroot relish, lemon cordial and preserved lemons! The ladies all got to take home 4 jars and 1 bottle each.


I must have done OK because I'm back doing it again on June 16th!

Comments

Popular Posts