a lttle bit of Malta



This last week I have been marking something off my "bucket list".

As readers of this blog already are aware, my dad was born in Malta, in Hamrun in fact. This week was the feast of St Gaetano, a significant date for people of Hamrun, celebrated on the first Sunday after August 7th   and I was privileged to undertake a Maltese Lace course with Consiglia Azzopardi (who literally wrote the book on Maltese lace) http://www.malteselace.eu/

It was a wonderful week full of laughter, lace, cooking tips, conservation tips, recipes, talking, friendship.....

all of us with Consiglia
Here are some photos of my handiwork

in the beginning...



It all left me wishing I could go to Malta soon, craving ravioli (which I cooked last night!) and missing my Dad

Comments

Popular Posts