It's Sauce time!

As the end of summer passes, and the Labour Day weekend comes around, it means only one thing - Sauce Time!
So with 40 kgs of vine ripened roma tomatoes purchased from the Market, and about 5 kgs of my own home grown Roma's, I have spent the weekend making sauce.
The class in full swing!
On Saturday I was privileged to host 4 wonderful ladies at Rie's Kitchen, to undertake a 4 hour workshop on all things tomato. We made passata, tomato sauce and chutney. Then to be able to taste test, I served sausage pinwheels. Just to prove that not all relishes take 3 hours to cook, we also whipped up some rhubarb relish, with the rhubarb coming straight from my garden.
It was such a fun day!
With over 10 kgs of tomatoes left, I spent today ( Labour Day) chopping, stirring and sterilising away. My kitchen smells rich with the aroma of sauce, and I have 20 bottles of sauce for sale, as well as a
dozen jars of chutney. These will go up into the shop for sale tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts