Writing a cookbook Part 1

Writing a cookbook has been on my list of things to do for a very long time. I've had a couple of starts, that didn't get very far. Its actually alot harder than you think. You need to consider:
  • style
  • concept
  • what recipes to include
  • what photos
  • how much story
  • fonts and lay outs
  • how you will publish.
Myles and I put together a cookbook for our family this last Christmas as a tribute to my Dad. The small book took over 2 hundred hours to put together. Most of the recipes were in my head, and I needed to document them, test them and then photograph them. Design was important - we wanted high quality photos to show off Myles' wonderful photography, so the setting out of the recipe needed to compliment this.

So now the homework has begun to put together a cookbook to sell to the public.  I'll keep you posted on the journey.

Comments

Popular Posts