Internet shopping

I have always been very wary in purchasing items from the internet. I like to see them, feel them etc and am very nervous about handing over credit card details for an item sight unseen. Yes I know that you can check out reviews, only purchase through a reputable store etc but still I was very nervous.

After 3 weeks of visiting just about every homeware, cookware - commercial and domestic, store in Melbourne metro in search of a cherry pitter that could do more than one at a time I was beginning to get desperate. I have over 15kgs of cherries in my freezer and I am not going to spend 15 hours pitting them!

I undertook my research and found Gefu brand cherry stoner from an online store "Everton Online" and I couldn't be happier with the result. For under $40 I have a piece of equipment that arrived within 3 days of purchase, bolts to the bench, can go in the dishwasher and can do half a dozen in seconds.
http://www.everten.com.au/product/Gefu-Cherry-Pitter.html

So now I can announce I have 2 cherry products:
  1. Cherry Jam
  2. Pickled Cherries in cherry vinegar (great on a cheese platter and the vinegar is great in a vinegrette)

Comments

Popular Posts