2013 is shaping up to be a big year!

It's only the 20th of January, but already "Rie's kitchen" has been busy.

January 1-3
The final days of a week away with friends. During this week I taught Richard how to use a pasta machine, Beth how to make fajitas and buckwheat pancakes and learned the secrets of "eggs in the nest" from Richard and Ranch dressing from Nola.

January 7
Tim taught us the art of coffee roasting in his garage - don;t be fooled. His 90+ kg roaster packs a punch, and @MylesAbbott and I are now beginning to enjoy the fruits of that labour :)

January 10 - 12
Preparations for the Portarlington mussel festival took a new twist this year with the local netball club taking over the main kitchen. It is always challenging working under different chefs, but this changing of the guard was surprisingly smooth. The girls did a great job and are well on the way to getting the lights for their netball courts.
On the day of the festival, I delivered cooking demonstrations on the hour! I will post the stories and photos of this event separately

January 19
I have been toying with adding pesto to my range, as my basil has "exploded" and there is way more here than Myles and I will eat in a year. A couple of my regular customers will receive a bonus jar in their next order with a request for feedback.

Comments

Popular Posts